Carpe diem! Enjoy every day of your holiday...
A holiday means time to laze about, to relax, to discover the local area and to imbibe experiences. The area around Rasa near Naz-Sciaves offers all sorts of interesting excursions and the area is ideal for getting to know Valle d'Isarco, Val Pusteria, Alta Valle d'Isarco and the whole of South Tyrol Our excursion tips for your holiday in South Tyrol:
- Cultural hikes through the apple orchards of the high plateau with its historical and natural history monuments
- The Raier Moos is a biotope worth visiting, for it is important for the many local species of wild animals and flowers.
- Kloster Neustift - a still active Augustinian monastery - awaits you with its pretty church, herbs garden library, monastery shop and monastery cellar
Special tips for families...
- Bressanone is a town, which invites you to stroll among the shops. The Cathedral and the Diocesan and Nativity Crib Museum are places of interest.
- In Rodengo we recommend the castle and the Alpe di Rodengo
- In Vandoies two interesting attractions stand side by side in the main street: the Lodenwelt shop and the Capriz Fine Cheese Dairy or Feinkäserei. Both these shops invite you to plunge into the world of their products.
- Terento awaits you with its 500 year old water-driven mill. On the mill path you can hike past the Earth Pyramids
- It is worthwhile making the excursion to the Riva waterfalls and to Tures Castle in the Aurina Valley.
- There are things to be seen around Vipiteno as well: the impressive Stanghe Waterfalls the Racines, Monte Cavallo and Val di Fleres hiking paradise, Wolfsthurn Castle - State Museum for Hunting and fishing, the Monteneve Mine, the Multscher Museum and much more
- Lake Braies, Lake Anterselva, Lake Dobbiaco, Lake Misurina, Lake Carrezza: these Alpine lakes in their idyllic settings enchant the visitor
- Ötzi Museum in Bolzano: visit the Ice-man
- The Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle in Merano won the award for the Most Beautiful International Gardens Competition in 2013.